1. “I have never understood why it is ‘greed’ to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else’s money.” (Thomas Sowell, author of Basic Economies: A Common Sense Guide to the Economy
2. (A true story) A man was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, “Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?” To which the man replied, “If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?” The employee smiled knowingly and nodded, “That’s why we ask.”
3. If a man yelled “You lie!” in a room full of politicians, how do they know who he’ talking to?
4. A Sunday school teacher was telling her class the story of the Good Samaritan. She asked the class, “If you saw a person lying on the roadside, all wounded and bleeding, what would you do?” A thoughtful little girl broke the hushed silence, “I think I’d throw up.”
5. During a game of Trivial Pursuit a lady rolled the dice and it landed on “Science and Nature.”
Her question was “If you are in a vacuum and someone calls your name, can you hear it?” The lady thought for a time then asked, “Is it turned on or off?”